Who We Are
We are FNZ (UK) Ltd, a company incorporated under the Companies Acts with company number 05435760 ("FNZ"). Our registered office is at Suite 1, 3rd Floor 11-12 St. James's Square, London, United Kingdom, SW1Y 4LB.
Our principal place of business is at No 1 Tanfield, Edinburgh, EH3 5DA. Our telephone number is: +44 (0) 303 333 3330.
Our Data Protection Officer is Catherine Thearle, who can be contacted at UKDataProtection@fnz.co.uk
Our Commitment to Privacy
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected when personal information about you is provided to us.
- the types of personal information which we hold;
- the purposes for which we hold personal information and the legal basis for processing;
- how we use the personal information which we hold;
- for how long we hold personal information;
- your rights in relation to your personal information; and
- the procedures we have in place to protect your privacy.
What Personal Information Do We Hold?
We hold the following personal information:-
- information which individuals and entities provide to us when contacting us (including through using this website) (such as their names, postal addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses); and
- information obtained by us through users visiting this website (such as the user’s IP address, location and user journey through the website)
- Information about individuals who may be interested in working with, or being employed by, FNZ. This information may include name, address and contact details, information provided in the individual’s CV and the results of pre-employment checks and assessments. This information is provided by the individual themselves or by third parties such as recruitment agencies, but we may also receive information about candidates from their past employers (where nominated as referees) and from credit, fraud and sanctions checking agencies, Disclosure Scotland, educational establishments which have awarded qualifications, and from third parties who administer specialist candidate assessments..
For What Purposes Do We Hold Personal Information and what is our legal basis for processing?
We use information which you provide to us for our own administrative, business and product development purposes. Depending on how you have contacted us, we may respond to you by letter, e-mail, fax, telephone or SMS.
We use information obtained by us through users visiting this website for our own administrative, business and product development purposes, including to monitor interest in our website pages and to improve the content and performance of our website. In doing so we may undertake analysis of our website visitor data using tools provided by third parties and we may share the results at an aggregated level with our website development partners. This aggregated data is made up from statistics in respect of individual persons but will not include personally identifying information.
We use information about potential candidates for employment or services contracts with FNZ to assess suitability for roles and opportunities that we have available. We use third parties to provide our candidate administration system, to administer specialist assessments and to carry out pre-employment checks with past employers, credit, fraud and sanctions checking agencies, Disclosure Scotland and educational establishments.. In processing candidates’ data we rely on the legal basis that it is in our legitimate business interests. We will not send any personal data to a third party outside the European Economic Area (EEA) unless there are adequate safeguards in place to protect your personal data.
We do not make any decisions about individuals (which would have a legal or similar significant effect) based solely on automated processing of their personal data.
We may share personal information with our legal, accounting and other professional advisers.
Our legal basis under the data protection legislation for using personal data in this way is to support our legitimate interests as a commercial business.
We may also use personal information and/or disclose information to third parties where we are required to do so by law or in connection with legal proceedings.
We will not use your information to send you sales or marketing material, unless you have expressly agreed that we can do so. If you have agreed to receive sales and marketing material, we may disclose your information to our marketing advisers.
Unless we have your prior consent, we shall not sell, rent, trade or share any personal information which we hold except as explained above.
For How Long Do We Hold Personal Information?
We will not hold on to any personal information for longer than is reasonably necessary for the purposes noted above and our legitimate business interests. We do not retain any website user data other than at an aggregated level which does not include personally identifying information. If you withdraw your consent to receive sales and marketing material, we will remove your details from our contact list.
Your rights in relation to your personal information
You have the following rights in relation to the information we hold about you:
- to receive a copy of your personal information, free of charge;
- to have your information amended, if it is incomplete or incorrect;
- to object to our processing your information, on grounds relating to your particular situation (but we can decline your request, if we can show compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, or if we need to process your information for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims);
- to require us to restrict the processing of your data, if you have asked for it to be amended or objected to our processing, until we have verified your request. You can also ask us to keep your personal data, but restrict the processing of it, if we no longer need it and would delete it, but you want us to keep it to enable you to bring or defend a legal claim;
- to have your information deleted, if we no longer need to keep it, if you have objected to the processing and we have not demonstrated an overriding need to keep it, or if we are required by law to delete it.
- to ask us to delete any information that you provide to us on a voluntary basis and with your express consent – in that case you can withdraw your consent at any time and ask us to delete the information;;
- to have your personal data that is processed by us electronically transferred to you, or to some-one else nominated by you, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. This only applies to information you have provided to us voluntarily;
- to lodge a complaint about our processing of your information with the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data, please contact us at UKDataProtection@fnz.co.uk
What Procedures Do We Use to Protect Your Privacy?
We undertake to process the personal information which we collect in accordance with the applicable laws on data protection.
We have strict security procedures covering the storage and disclosure of your information (although we do not warrant that this is the case) in order to prevent unauthorised access. This means that we may ask for proof of identity before disclosing personal information to you.
We hold computerised and electronic personal information on computers and/or servers held at the address noted below. From time to time, certain tangible (or 'hard copy') personal information may be transported by us to or from the address noted below.
This website contains links to other websites. Equally, other websites may provide links to this website. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies, if any, of each and every website which you use.
Please note that the Internet is not a secure medium. When submitting personal information to us using the Internet, your details may not be secure from access by third parties. The submission of personal information to us using the Internet is therefore made at your own risk.
You can contact us by filling in the form at the following link: https://www.fnz.com/info/contact-us
Further Important Points