- FNZ was founded in Wellington, New Zealand, by Adrian Durham and fellow co-founders. From the outset we offered a fully outsourced, wealth management platform service, via the internet, combining the software-as-a-service model with trade processing and asset custody.
- The company was initially backed by First NZ Capital, the leading investment bank in New Zealand, who also became our first customer, closely followed by BNZ Private Banking.
- FNZ successfully expanded into the UK and won our first UK wealth management outsourcing customer, Standard Life.
- We received regulatory approval to operate an outsourced wealth management platform service in the UK and launched our first UK customer, Standard Life, in the UK IFA market.
- This broke new ground in the IFA platform sector, with a fully digital proposition, that enabled IFAs to manage their business online.
- FNZ achieved the milestone of £10 billion in assets under administration.
- We launched the first online SIPP in the UK IFA market, fully integrated into an IFA platform as an open architecture tax wrapper.
- H.I.G. Capital invested in FNZ, buying out First NZ Capital shareholders, and supporting FNZ’s growth in the UK wealth management sector.
- FNZ launched our first direct to consumer platform with J.P. Morgan Asset Management, enabling a fully self-service wealth management platform for direct investors in the UK.
- FNZ expanded into the Australian market, initially launching an SMA platform with AMP.
- We opened our technology solution centre in Brno, Czech Republic.
- We launched our first workplace DC retirement platform for employers and employees with Friends Life.
- FNZ achieved the milestone of £20 billion in assets under administration.
- General Atlantic completed an investment in FNZ to support the company’s rapidly accelerating global growth.
- FNZ evolved our wealth management service into three core service offerings:
- FNZ One for client, account and portfolio management services through direct, workplace and intermediated channels
- FNZ X-Hub, our asset management service supporting asset and portfolio managers managing discretionary mandates
- FNZ Clear, our trade execution, settlement and custody service.
- We also enabled fully open data access via the FNZ OpenPlatform API.
- We expanded into Asia, initially offering a DC retirement service in partnership with Mercer Retirement Services.
- Our assets under administration exceeded £50 billion.
- FNZ expanded its service offering to include iProtect, a multi-party hedging service to provide on-demand, low-cost investment protection in wealth management portfolios, initially launching with Banca Fideuram in Italy.
- FNZ strengthens presence in Asia by opening our new Solution Centre in Shanghai, China.
- FNZ completes strategic investment in robo-adviser Advicefront
- FNZ agree to acquire leading German platform Ebase from Commerzbank